Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Help! Should I get Elizabeth??

  1. #11
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    Each time I get a new doll I take my time getting aqainted with her. Then I kinda go through phases with who is my favorite. Like right now Sam is my favorite and she gets more attention. Last month it was Molly. Josefina might like the company when you are gone. Don't worry about replacing your love for her. New things always get the most attention at first and they are only new for a short while. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ashley's Mommy, that is EXACTLY what I do. I have eight AGs, and sometimes I think that if I still had just Molly, I could have her entire collection. Or just Molly and Kit. But now that I have my dolls, I love them all. I guess Felicity is the one I have in the spotlight now, with the movie, and the fact that she's PM and gorgeous. And, the circumstances with which I got her. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    But I know that when I get AGT 21, I'll focus on her. Then, maybe Abigail AKA Elizabeth. I really love dolls, and I know that I just can't have one now. I'm too addicted.

    Ashley, if you want Elizabeth, go for it. Josefina would love a friend. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is different having more than one doll, but it doesn't make any one less special. Samantha was my only doll for a long time, and she is the one I am most attached to. But when Felicity came out, I bonded with her from just catalogue pictures. Then I wanted Kaya when she came out, etc. I adore each of my dollies. If you want to add Elizabeth, I say go for it.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    TitanicLover, I'm just the same as you. I've had my Samantha doll for a very long time, and only her. It is nice to have just one special doll, and having only one allows you to concentrate on getting her complete collection. But, just look around the boards here, even just on this topic, and you'll see there are many collectors out there who love having a houseful of dolls! Having multiple dolls means a lot of variety, which is nice, too. So it really is up to your personal preference. Consider what you want to get out of your collection - how much money are you willing (and able) to spend on it? Will you be disappointed if you aren't able to have each doll's complete collection? And of course, storage space is also an important consideration. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Personally, I'm one of those people who has a small closet that's already crowded with Samantha stuff. [img]tongue.gif[/img] But seriously, I know that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I find that I'm happiest having one doll and her complete collection. But, having said that, I'm going to compromise and ask for Nellie for my birthday! That's because she is actually a part of Samantha's collection, and Sam's collection just wouldn't be complete without her best friend, would it? [img]smile.gif[/img] So go with what you think suits you best. And I definitely agree with what everyone else has said here - Josefina was and is your very first AG doll, and because of that she'll always have a special meaning for you. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    Hope this helped a bit!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 31, 2005 07:51 AM: Message edited by: ksami ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    This reminds me of Josefina Learns a Lesson. Remember when Tia Delores wants to teach the girls how to weave and how to read and write, and how Francisca gets upset because she thinks all the changes will make her forget her Mama? Like you think that getting a new doll will make you forget your old doll?

    But it turned out that the changes helped them remember Mama even more because Josefina could read the book Mama wrote in. So if you get Elizabeth, you would love Josefina even more because your new doll could rekindle your love for the old doll, and Josefina and Elizabeth could be friends. [img]graemlins/chat.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •